Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Ameya Gokhale <am...@datatorrent.com> on 2017/02/15 08:47:51 UTC

Regarding Licenses

Hi there.

I am an Intern at DataTorrent. I want to use these repositories for my
project. could you tell me whether I can use these for my project as I
would be using these above Apache Apex.

JavaCV: https://github.com/bytedeco/javacv

The License says You may use this work under the terms of either the Apache
License,
Version 2.0, or the GNU General Public License (GPL), either version 2,
or any later version, with "Classpath" exception (details below).

You don't have to do anything special to choose one license or the other
and you don't have to notify anyone which license you are using. You are
free to use this work in any project (even commercial projects) as long
as the copyright header is left intact.

JavaANPR: https://github.com/oskopek/javaanpr

The License says The Educational Community License version 2.0 ("ECL")
consists of the Apache 2.0 license,
modified to change the scope of the patent grant in section 3 to be
specific to the needs
of the education communities using this license. The original Apache 2.0
license can be found at:

Just wanted to know whether I can use it to make my project for DataTorrent
or not.

Also ,kindly add/subscribe me to the mailing list so that i can stay
updated.

Thanks,
Ameya Vijay Gokhale