Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2014/03/26 23:12:26 UTC

JIRA workflow

Guys,

I've been going through some JIRAs today and I see a lot of them that don't
have "Affects Version", "Fix Version", nor "Component" assigned.

I would like to ask committers to make these fields are properly filled
whenever a ticket is getting resolved, e.g. a patch is committed. It is pretty
painful and very time consuming to do this post-mortem after a few months.

Thanks guys!
  Cos

Re: JIRA workflow

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I've been going through some JIRAs today and I see a lot of them that don't
> have "Affects Version", "Fix Version", nor "Component" assigned.
>
> I would like to ask committers to make these fields are properly filled
> whenever a ticket is getting resolved, e.g. a patch is committed. It is pretty
> painful and very time consuming to do this post-mortem after a few months.

That's a great point. As a matter of fact, we should probably set up a trigger
or two in JIRA to catch these types of things as they come up.

Thanks,
Roman.