Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Clay McCoy <cm...@acteksoft.com> on 2009/12/21 23:57:58 UTC

Servlets in web-inf/lib

I have some servlets that are in jars in web-inf/lib and Tomcat does not see them.  I know that it is typical to have servlets in web-inf/classes, but it is an existing application.
Is there a way to get Tomcat to use these Servlets without moving them to web-inf/classes?  They are mapped in the web.xml, but I get 404s when I browse to them.
Thanks

Re: Servlets in web-inf/lib

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
1. It's WEB-INF, not web-inf.  Case matters.

2. If the classes are in .jar files, yes.  Otherwise they will have to
be in WEB-INF/classes

--David