Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 08:39:21 UTC

Re: HiveMind Cookbook...

An example setup of SymbolSources
to chain them in this order for example

FactoryDefaults (already present)
ApplicationDefaults (already present)
PropertiesFileSymbolSource (few lines of code)
SystemPropertiesSymbolSource

this seems to as an practical order.
for example: "server.port"
you can setup FactoryDefaults and ApplicationDefaults,
then write into properties file:
server.port=3009
and override it in command line if needed sometimes
java -cp ... -Dserver.port=3001 somepackage.Main

I wrote few small apps using hivemind, and wondered
how to extract some configuration into a config file.

properties file is great for simple definitions, but I also
use nondefault registry to include config.xml from application
path to enable setup of more advanced features without
messing with jar archives

maybe there are more than one setup scenarios like this....

Davor Hrg

RE: HiveMind Cookbook...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Great ideas, Davor!  Thank you.  I'll be sure to keep these in mind.

  _____