Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by abhi2703 <ab...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/25 19:15:26 UTC

Use Kryo serializer end to end

Hi All,

I want to use same serializer end to end.
While saving an object from Java to Ignite - use Kryo Serializer
While saving an object from Ignite to Cassandra as a 3rd Party persistent -
use Kryo Srializer

Is it possible if yes, how?
please help thanks a lot.

Regards,
vicky

Re: Use Kryo serializer end to end

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi Vicky,

Yes, technically that's doable and requires you to create a marshaller
implementation that uses Kryo:
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/marshaller/Marshaller.html

However, I would switch from the default serialization format (binary
format and BinaryMarshaller) only if it's absolutely necessary. Ignite
storage engine and APIs are optimized for the binary format. Ignite SQL can
query specific fields thanks to the binary format. If you switch to Kryo
then you won't be able to run queries like "SELECT * FROM city WHERE
population = 5" unless you modify the SQL engine.

What Ignite APIs are you planning to use (SQL, key-value, etc.)?

-
Denis