Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/02/21 01:45:04 UTC

(loadBalancing)log4j Appender

1) Would it be right to say that the log4jappender will block till the
event is delivered to the flume agent ? basically wondering if this impacts
the application that is writing the logs when the target flume agent is
taking time to accept the events.

2) if the target flume agent is not available, it appears to me that the
events will be dropped by log4j appender ?

i assume the answer is the same for either the LB and non-LB version of the
appender...
-roshan

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: (loadBalancing)log4j Appender

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Correct. For no data loss, prefer embedded agent (but that too is limited
capacity).

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Roshan,