Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by babloosony <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/23 06:45:27 UTC

Doubt on xml schema declaration in WSDL

Hi All,

Is there a problem with namespace prefix 'tns' in the schema
declaration of the below wsdl. I am not that much comfortable with xml
schemas and namespaces and their usage in wsdl. Can anyone please tell
if there is problem in schema section of  the below wsdl although I
used WSDL Validator which showed no errors in this wsdl. Please
suggest ...

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <definitions xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"
xmlns:tns="http://www.examples.com/wsdl/ZeroTypequeryxml"
xmlns:ns2="http://www.examples.com/types"
name="ZeroTypeQueryXMLService"
targetNamespace="http://www.examples.com/wsdl/ZeroTypequeryxml">
- <types>
- <schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:tns="http://www.examples.com/types"
xmlns:soap11-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
targetNamespace="http://www.examples.com/types">
- <complexType name="CruiseListRequest">
- <sequence>
  <element name="SearchOrder_1" type="tns:SearchOrder" nillable="true" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
- <complexType name="SearchOrder">
- <sequence>
  <element name="cobrandrecno" type="xsd:int" />
  <element maxOccurs="5" name="listtype" type="xsd:int" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
- <complexType name="CruiseListResponse">
- <sequence>
  <element name="result" type="tns:SearchOrderStatus" nillable="true" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
- <complexType name="SearchOrderStatus">
- <sequence>
  <element name="keynamepair" type="string" nillable="true" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
- <complexType name="CruiseListProcessingException">
- <sequence>
  <element name="message" type="string" nillable="true" />
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
  <element name="CruiseListRequest" type="tns:CruiseListRequest" />
  <element name="CruiseListResponse" type="tns:CruiseListResponse" />
  <element name="CruiseListProcessingException"
type="tns:CruiseListProcessingException" />
  </schema>
  </types>
- <message name="ZeroTypeQuery_CruiseListRequest">
  <part name="parameters" element="ns2:CruiseListRequest" />
  </message>
- <message name="ZeroTypeQuery_CruiseListResponse">
  <part name="result" element="ns2:CruiseListResponse" />
  </message>
- <message name="CruiseListProcessingException">
  <part name="CruiseListProcessingException"
element="ns2:CruiseListProcessingException" />
  </message>
- <portType name="ZeroTypeQueryXml">
- <operation name="CruiseListRequest">
  <input message="tns:ZeroTypeQuery_CruiseListRequest" />
  <output message="tns:ZeroTypeQuery_CruiseListResponse" />
  <fault name="CruiseListProcessingException"
message="tns:CruiseListProcessingException" />
  </operation>
  </portType>
- <binding name="ZeroTypeQueryXmlBinding" type="tns:ZeroTypeQueryXml">
  <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document" />
- <operation name="CruiseListRequest">
  <soap:operation soapAction="" />
- <input>
  <soap:body use="literal" />
  </input>
- <output>
  <soap:body use="literal" />
  </output>
- <fault name="CruiseListProcessingException">
  <soap:fault name="CruiseListProcessingException" use="literal" />
  </fault>
  </operation>
  </binding>
- <service name="ZeroTypeService">
- <port name="ZeroTypeQueryXml" binding="tns:ZeroTypeQueryXmlBinding">
  <soap:address
location="http://localhost:80/jaxrpc-ZeroTypeCruiseListService/ZeroTypeQueryXml"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" />
  </port>
  </service>
  </definitions>

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar.

Re: Doubt on xml schema declaration in WSDL

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I also tested it with Cape Clear SOA Editor. It appears to be valid.
Your tns namespace declarations are fine (albeit confusing). The
declaration in the <schema> element overrides the higher-level
declaration (in the <wsdl> element) for all children of the <schema>
element.

Anne

Posted by Rajdeep Dua <du...@yahoo.com>.