Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Florent André <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2009/06/30 19:32:05 UTC

Interactive Knowledge Stack

Hi all,

In the rapidly reading the - not showing during the meeting - Andrea's
presentation (http://prezi.com/111311), I saw IKS... I search a little, and
saw a f****g good European project !

---- Description :
IKS - Interactive Knowledge Stack is an Integrating Project part-funded by
the European Commission. It started in January 2009 and will provide an
open source technology platform for semantically enhanced content
management systems.

Official web site http://www.iks-project.eu/

---- Some numbers about the project :
The IKS project has a duration of 48 months; will have a budget of 8,5 M€
with 5,6 M€ requested funding. The project is organised in 10 Work
Packages and uses an effort of 750 person months. It expects to leverage
open source development outside the project, as well as external
validations through CMS providers of the project results.
* source : http://www.iks-project.eu/iks-story/roadmap

He have actually nearly 6 month old.

---- Lenya and IKS ?

After read the list of persons and software who are in the first workshop :
http://www.iks-project.eu/node/60, I see nobody from Lenya...

I think that Lenya really have to be in that place because I think that
Lenya have really great semantics capabilities (a main reason why I choose
Lenya). Moreover, inclusion of Lenya in such a project can be really good
for Lenya - and of course for this project ! :)

I know that anyone of us have really time to invest in it, but IMO Lenya
have to be represented in such a project.

I have just subscribe on the project's ML in order to just see the activity
and hots subjects.

What do you think about that ?

<map:generate src="regards"/>

---- some other links