Posted to users@maven.apache.org by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at> on 2006/09/19 17:07:45 UTC

[M2] maven-jxr-plugin

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to get the maven-jxr-plugin running.

But there seems to be a bug in the plugIn or something missing in my
configuration.

The Source Reference Pages are generated (when i run mvn site:site), but the
packackge-frame.html and the package-summary.html are stored in a different
folder as the class.html files.

This problems ends up with missing links to the class.html files.

in detail:
the package-frame.html... is stored at

   \target\site\xref\com\company\sub-package

but the class.html files are stored at

   \target\site\xref\java\com\company\sub-package

Since i'm new to Maven2, i couldn't find out how to configure the plugIn
correctly.

I even tried to pass a
<destDir>${project.build.directory}/site/xref</destDir> but the problem
still occurs.

thankful 4 any help
R.C.

Re: [M2] maven-jxr-plugin

Posted by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at>.
i didn't specify any version in the master POM.

    <reporting>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-jxr-plugin</artifactId>
      </plugin>
    </reporting>

but in my local repository i found:
.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\plugins\maven-jxr-plugin\2.0\maven-jxr-plugin-2.0.jar
+ *.pom + ...

thx 4 your help

Re: [M2] maven-jxr-plugin

Posted by diroussel <na...@diroussel.xsmail.com>.

Re: [M2] maven-jxr-plugin

Posted by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at>.
thx, for your reply.

i just ask myself, is there any project.property that points to the current
source directory?

Since i'm using a parent POM (where i define my plugIns) and some child-poms
that are derived from that parent, i can not declare absolute pathes to the
source-directory. i would need something like this:

  <reporting>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-jxr-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
          <sourceDirs>${project.compileSourceRoots}</sourceDirs>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </reporting>

but the ${project.compileSourceRoots} property doesn't work.

i found this property here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jxr-plugin/jxr-mojo.html

thankful 4 any help

Re: [M2] maven-jxr-plugin

Posted by CodingPlayer <ro...@researchstudio.at>.
thanks that information helped me out.

Simply changed:

  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/main</sourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>src/test</testSourceDirectory>
  </build>

to:
  <build>
    <sourceDirectory>src/main/java</sourceDirectory>
    <testSourceDirectory>src/test/java</testSourceDirectory>
  </build>

now everything works fine.

Re: [M2] maven-jxr-plugin

Posted by Fabrice BELLINGARD <fa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

one guy on this mailing list already had such a case: the problem would come
from the fact that he didn't specify his source directory properly in his
POM. And you problem is probably the same: I can see that because the
generated HTML files are place in the folder "\target\site\xref\java". So I