Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Garry Chen <gc...@cornell.edu> on 2015/08/21 16:55:59 UTC

Spark ec2 lunch problem

Hi All,
                I am trying to lunch a spark ec2 cluster by running  spark-ec2 --key-pair=key --identity-file=my.pem --vpc-id=myvpc --subnet-id=subnet-011 --spark-version=1.4.1 launch spark-cluster but getting following message endless.  Please help.

Warning: SSH connection error. (This could be temporary.)
Host:
SSH return code: 255
SSH output: ssh: Could not resolve hostname : Name or service not known

RE: Spark ec2 lunch problem

Posted by Garry Chen <gc...@cornell.edu>.
No, the message never end.  I have to ctrl-c out of it.

Garry

--
with Regards
Shahid Ashraf

Re: Spark ec2 lunch problem

Posted by shahid ashraf <sh...@trialx.com>.

Re: Spark ec2 lunch problem

Posted by Andrew Or <an...@databricks.com>.
Hey Garry,

Have you verified that your particular VPC and subnet are open to the
world? In particular, have you verified the route table attached to your
VPC / subnet contains an internet gateway open to the public?

I've run into this issue myself recently and that was the problem for me.

-Andrew

Re: Spark ec2 lunch problem

Posted by Robin East <ro...@xense.co.uk>.

http://www.manning.com/malak/ <http://www.manning.com/malak/>