Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com> on 2005/06/10 00:44:37 UTC

Memory in Jetty integration?

I think we have a leak in our integration with jetty.  After looking
at the code I don't think we are unregistering servlets or webapp
contexts when they are stopped.  Here are the leaks I'm seeing

Class loader leak
----------------
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationClassLoader
parent of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyClassLoader
webClassLoader of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyWebAppContext
[21] of  java.lang.Object[88]
elementData of  java.util.ArrayList
_components of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServer
_server of  org.mortbay.http.SslListener

Servlet leak
------------
a.b.MyServlet
_servlet of  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder
[2] of  java.lang.Object[10]
elementData of  java.util.ArrayList
_components of  org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler
_handler of  org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.HashSessionManager
this$0 of  org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager
$SessionScavenger

I'm going to try some more specific tests, but can someone that knows
this code confirm if we are or are not unregistering servlets and
contexts.

-dain

Re: Memory in Jetty integration?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Jun 9, 2005, at 9:10 PM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> I just ran the servlet tests and then profiled the server after
> everything undeployed, and we have a huge leak here.
>
> Do you want me to take a crack at getting the servlets and web
> contexts to unregister on shutdown?

Sure, I won't have time for a while.  I'd expect the web app context
would be the critical one.

david jencks

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@apache.org>.