Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Miller, Janet" <Mi...@pbworld.com> on 2005/07/05 23:08:05 UTC

Client error trying to create first Web Service

I just created my very first web service.  I did this by retrieving wsdl
for a web service that is currently being developed by another company
and running wsdl2java to generate the client and server stub and
skeleton code.  I added some simple implementation into my service Impl
class to just return a simple string and successfully deployed my WS.  I
created a client as follows:

package pbf.hot;

import Sirit.ETTM.TZCServiceLocator;
import Sirit.ETTM.TZCService;
import Sirit.ETTM.TZCServiceSoap;

public class TestService {
		String test = null;

		// Make a service
		TZCService service = new TZCServiceLocator();

		//Now use the service to get a stub which implements the
SDI
		TZCServiceSoap port = service.getTZCServiceSoap();

		//Make the actual call
		test = port.getTransactions("Test");
		System.out.println("Call Results:" + test);
	}
}

but when I run the client, I'm getting the following Axis fault.  My web
service is on the same machine as my client.  Does anyone know what I'm
doing wrong?

Exception in thread "main" AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: (405)Method not allowed
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:
	{}:return code:  405
&lt;!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN&quot;&gt;
&lt;html dir=ltr&gt;

.
.
.

&lt;title&gt;The page cannot be displayed&lt;/title&gt;

.
.
.

	{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HttpErrorCode:405

(405)Method not allowed
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java
:744)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:144)
	at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.j
ava:32)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
	at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
	at
Sirit.ETTM.TZCServiceSoapStub.getTransactions(TZCServiceSoapStub.java:12
8)
	at pbf.hot.TestService.main(TestService.java:18)

Re: Client error trying to create first Web Service

Posted by Paul I Fodor <pi...@us.ibm.com>.
Janet,
Check in your web services deployment file (wsdd) if you allow the method
that you use in port.getTransactions(...)

In your deployment file it should be something like:
<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="method1 anotherMethod
anotherOne"/>

In your method port.getTransactions() you probably have something like:
call.setOperationName( "methodName" );

See if for this method you allow this call in the deployment file.

Paul Fodor.

"Miller, Janet" <Mi...@pbworld.com>
07/05/2005 05:08 PM
Please respond to
axis-user

<ax...@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
[...]

org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
                 at
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)
                 at
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2765)