Posted to builds@apache.org by fp...@apache.org on 2020/08/04 08:13:59 UTC

[NEW-CI] - Github PR build jobs

Hi all,

I migrated some jobs to the new CI (https://ci-builds.apache.org) and I
want to configure some github PR jobs.

I followed this guide:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Kicking+off+a+build+in+Jenkins+with+a+GitHub+PR

but I think there is some missing features or configuration like:

- updating the github webhook url with the new CI

- I can't see the "Build pull requests to the repository" in the Build
triggers list

Is there a sample project with PR jobs on the new CI?

regards,

--
François
fpapon@apache.org

Re: [NEW-CI] - Github PR build jobs

Posted by Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020 at 1:17 PM Vladimir Sitnikov <
sitnikov.vladimir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Matt>You can configure PRs to only build for trusted users or require
>
> Is it enforced?
> It should be forbidden to configure PR from non-trusted users.

This has been the case for several months now, only PRs by Committers or by
folks in a
whitelist, can trigger builds.

--

*Gavin McDonald*
Systems Administrator

Re: [NEW-CI] - Github PR build jobs

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
You can configure PRs to only build for trusted users or require
approval from a trusted user to build the job. Take a look at the
build strategies when you're setting up your SCM info for the job or
pipeline.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [NEW-CI] - Github PR build jobs

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Francois,

Apache ZooKeeper project already has a working job which is essentially a multibranch pipeline driven by Jenkinsfile. You can find it here:

https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/view/ZooKeeper/job/ZooKeeper%20PreCommit%20GitHub%20PR/

We’re waiting for INFRA to provide a GitHub account/app in order to report build status back to GitHub. Currently we have a dummy account which is useful for branch/PR discovery, but doesn’t have permission to set build status.

Andor