Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net> on 2017/10/08 08:41:29 UTC

Heads up: Maven javadoc binaries

Hi all,

The libs.jaxb module installs the JAXB javadoc zip [1].

Maven does not hold any file called "jaxb-api-doc.zip", so it's not
possible to download it from maven central.

Maven does hold javax.xxml.bind:jaxb-api:2.2.5 [2], though, which I
think is equivalent. The file is now named jaxb-impl-2.2.5-javadoc.jar.

Question: should I rename the jaxb-api-doc.zip to
jaxb-impl-2.2.5-javadoc.jar in both "binaries_list" and [1]?

Or should I open an issue to handle these scenarios centrally? (so, for
example, maybe we want to download the jar file from maven and then
rename it to 'zip').

Thanks,
Antonio

[1]
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/blob/master/libs.jaxb/src/org/netbeans/libs/jaxb/jaxb.xml

[2]
http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/sun/xml/bind/jaxb-impl/2.2.5/jaxb-impl-2.2.5-javadoc.jar

Re: Heads up: Maven javadoc binaries

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 08.10.2017, 10:41 +0200 schrieb Antonio:

> The libs.jaxb module installs the JAXB javadoc zip [1].
>
> Maven does not hold any file called "jaxb-api-doc.zip", so it's not
> possible to download it from maven central.

have a look here:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api/2.2.5/

There is:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api/2.2.5/jaxb-api-2.2.5-javadoc.jar

This poses the problem, that the current pattern in DownloadBinaries
does not cover:

- differing classifiers
- differing file extensions

This should be doable - I'll look into adding support for this.

Greetings

Matthias