Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/15 17:39:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release DataSketches-pig 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

### NEW COMPONENT! ###

Hello IPMC and Apache DataSketches Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-pig version:
 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

    NOTE 1: This is the Pig adaptors component of the DataSketches library
that enables Apache Pig to access the datasketches-java core library.

  A. Results from the PPMC vote:

     - 1 (+1 binding) vote, 2 (+1 non-binding) votes

     - The vote thread can be found at the Permalink:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/datasketches-dev/201910.mbox/<
CA+UaPnscHtP6bMafnb3g5NT_POLX0YtZSdfZuEF9gFaatAUrrg@mail.gmail.com>

  B. Testing/actions/votes performed by the voters in the PPMC Stage 1:

    - Alexander Saydakov (+1 non-binding)
        - Successfully ran example scripts on a Pig cluster: theta, tuple
(array of doubles), quantiles, kll, frequent strings

    - Dave Fisher (+1 binding)
        - Incubating in name
        - Checksums and Signatures are good.
        - RatCheck passes
        - LICENSE good
        - NOTICE good
        - DISCLAIMER-WIP
        - Builds and Tests pass
        - have same questions about the pom.xml which is expected. We’ll
need to find the correct form and then document it.

    - Jon Malkin (+1 non-binding)
        - checksums and signature are correct
        - LICENSE and NOTICE present
        - DISCLAIMER-WIP
        - Builds and tests pass with and without strict profile

2. Source repository:
    - https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-pig

    Git Tag for this release:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-pit/tree/1.0.0-incubating-RC1
on branch 1.0.X-incubating

    Git HashId for this release starts with: 6ba0040

3. The Release Candidate / Dist (Zip Repository):
    -
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/pig/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/

    The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
    - https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/KEYS

    The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: [Nexus](http://repository.apache.org) (Jar Artifacts):
    -
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-pig/1.0.0-incubating/

5. Build & Test Guide:
    -
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-pig/blob/1.0.0-incubating-RC1/README.md

6. This vote is the 2nd stage vote:
   - This voting process will remain open for at least 72 hours
     and until at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes or a majority of (+1) are
acquired.

Please vote accordingly:

    [ ] +1 approve
    [ ] +0 no opinion
    [ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-pig 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by leerho <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your vote.

> I did notice a couple of reference to datasketches.github.io that may
> need to be updated.

The website hasn't moved yet.  It is in process now, and working with
INFRA.
Hopefully, these links can be redirected to the datasketches.apache.org,
once it is up.

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Carrying over my +1(Binding)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Checked:
- signature
- asf headers
- DISCLAIMER is there
- LICENSE & NOTICE files

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release DataSketches-pig 1.0.0-incubating-RC1

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Carrying over my +1(Binding)