Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Melamud, Mikhail" <Mi...@ca.com> on 2002/08/23 18:51:12 UTC

FW: Web service name syntax

Can web service name contain special characters such as #, %,^, &,\?
For example, using deployService() method I can create Axis wsdd as
follows:
<service name="h%" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>
<parameter name="alias" value="h%Service"/>
<parameter name="scope" value="request"/>
<parameter name="className" value="wsbecho.EchoStruct"/> </service>

 but then url /somehost/somecontext/h%?wsdl throws HTTP 400 error. I understand that '%' has a special meaning in url, but
/somehost/somecontext/h%25?wsdl would not work either ('%' is escaped here)

Shouldn't Axis deployService() throw an exception here if it's not valid name?

Or if it's a valid web service name why my url doesn't generate wsdl?
Is any standard on What characters are allowed in Web service name?
Thanks
Mike