Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jens Skripczynski <sk...@myrealbox.com> on 2003/03/06 13:04:00 UTC

Re: about proper WEB.XML ????

apratim sharma:
> i have properly installed tomcat but i'm not able to
> run my own servlets. that is probably because of
> web.xml file. i don't know how to create a proper
> web.xml file for a servlet. i'm using mac os x 10.2
>
> please help me !!!! it's urgent
Which Tomcat version are you using ?

It may be, that you need to activate (by removing <!-- --> in the
server side web.xml)
--------- web.xml-----
    <servlet-mapping>
       <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
       <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
--------- web.xml-----
So that you can access your servlet from
http://server:port/application/servlet/your-handmade-servlet

The invoker servlet is commented you in tomcat v. 4.1.8.

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi(at)myrealbox(dot)com

Technology is a constand battle between manufacturers producing bigger and
more idiot-proof systems and nature producing bigger and better idiots.
                                -- Slashdot signature