Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ylan Segal <yl...@digiworks.tv> on 2002/02/01 01:25:46 UTC

RE: Ant, jars and Manifest

Robert,

Sure there is, I use it all the time:

	<jar jarfile="yourjar.jar">
		<fileset dir="${compile.to}">
		</fileset>
		<manifest>
			<section name="YourSectionName">
				<attribute name="Hello" value="SomeValue"/>
				<attribute name="Goodbye" value="AnotherValue"/>
			</section>
		</manifest>
	</jar>

In ant version 1.4.1 it does not appear in the documentation, but it works.

I was going to make my first patch for the documentation of this, but I just
checked the manual in cvs and it is already included there. Oh well!

Ylan Segal.

Re: Ant, jars and Manifest

Posted by Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>.
On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 04:25  PM, Ylan Segal wrote:
> I was going to make my first patch for the documentation of this, but I
> just
> checked the manual in cvs and it is already included there. Oh well!

Just wanted to say THANKS to the ant list for a just amazing tool.  Thus
far, everything I have wanted it to do, I was able to coerce it into
doing.  This, for example, is a really neat way of solving the manifest
problem, and it is pretty darn neat to boot.

Scott