Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com> on 2014/06/03 03:10:10 UTC

RE: change yarn application priority

@Rohith Sharma

Thank you for the confirmation.
I already google some information regarding scheduler in Hadoop 2.2.0, there are 2 ways to do it: FairScheduler or CapacityScheduler.
Apparently from google result, there are more article mentions that FairScheduler is better than CapacityScheduler.
So, I intend to use FairScheduler first, if you have any more suggestion, please let me know, thank you again.

Best regards,
Henry

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.
I manage to implement the fair scheduler and very happy with the result.
The  way I use it is to create a queue that constraint the number of resources (maxResources) to be around 70% of total resources, fortunately the fair-scheduler.xml can be modified on-fly without restarting the yarn cluster.
Thank to every one that provide me with all the information.

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.

Posted by Michael Segel <ms...@hotmail.com>.