Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by V SANTOSH PAVAN RAJU Bs <pa...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/11 09:11:12 UTC

How to iterate over an bxml form to get all the TextInputs added to it?

Hi,
In my application I created one Border component in bxml file and then
added TablePane to it. And then added multiple rows to that TablePane. And
in each Row i have added several textinput components.

Now i want to iterate through the Border component to get all the
TextInputs. Is there any way of doing this?

--
Thanks & Regards
B.S.V.S.Pavan Raju.

Re: How to iterate over an bxml form to get all the TextInputs added to it?

Posted by Santosh <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Roger, its working.

-----
santosh pavan raju

Re: How to iterate over an bxml form to get all the TextInputs added to it?

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
Hi,
     All the components can be iterated through using the
"Sequence<Component>" interface, something like this:

private void iterateTextInputs(Container container) {
     for (Component comp : container) {
         if (comp instanceof Container) {
             iterateTextInputs((Container)comp);
         } else if (comp instanceof TextInput) {
             TextInput textInput = (TextInput)comp;
             // Do whatever you need to do
         }
     }
}

Then you would call this method with your Border component:
     @BXML Border borderComponent;
     iterateTextInputs(borderComponent);

HTH,
~Roger