Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1996/07/04 15:54:52 UTC

Question everything

I think the Redirect bug just shows that we've gotten a bit lazy and
let some minor preconceptions slip in. Particularly, that patches/
additions from some people are inherently "more reliable" than
from others. I'm 100% guilty of this. I admit it. I expect all
of us are. Thus, Alexei's patch maybe wasn't given the look and
consideration that it deserved.

In some way, maybe this was a Good Thing. It'll make us more aware
and more careful, both in submitting patches but even more so
in giving them careful consideration. This is, after all, OUR code
(well... it's become "our" code). We all have equal responsibility to
it and for it.

Question everything; Test even more.