Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by St...@hyperion.com on 2002/08/07 15:00:44 UTC

Error Putting File

We are experiencing a strange problem that I have seen posted before, but a
solution has not been provided.

We are using the following components:

Slide 1.0.16
Tomcat 4.0.3
JSQLConnect 2.27  (ContentStore and DescriptorsStore)
JDK 1.3.1_02
Windows 2000

Now, when we run the integrated Slide 1.0.16/Tomcat solution, everything
seems to work fine.

When we deployed Slide as a Web Application within Tomcat 4.0.3, we cannot
put any files to the server.  We always get the following error:
(In this case, we were putting a 2MB file called "large_file.xml" to the "
\files\test1\" directory on the server)

06 Aug 2002 17:50:45 - slidestore.reference.JDBCContentStore - ERROR -
java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified during the
calculation of the content length.
06 Aug 2002 17:50:45 - slidestore.reference.JDBCContentStore - ERROR -
tempFileName: .files.test1.large_file.xml-1.0
06 Aug 2002 17:50:45 - slidestore.reference.JDBCContentStore - ERROR -
java.lang.NullPointerException

In tracing through the code, it appears as though it could not find the
temporary directory when writing out the file to determine the content
length before storing in the database in the storeContent() method of the
JDBCContentStore.  There must be some type of environmental setting used in
the integrated solution that we are missing in our deployed solution...

Has anyone run into this before??