Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/01/28 08:07:35 UTC

New volunteers from Mexico

A number of new volunteers from Mexico, mostly students from the Riviera
Maya University, joined different OpenOffice mailing lists this week.

Well, welcome to everyone of course! And I'd like to make sure that you,
as a group, can get the most out of this project and that we can benefit
from your availability in the most effective way.

If this is part of a course project please let us know, since in that
case we can probably arrange specific projects for you.

Anyway, depending on what you are interested in, these are the next steps:
- if you are interested in development, please read
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html and get
your first build done:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO
- if you are interested in QA, please read
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-qa.html
and write to the QA mailing list (references at the above URL) saying
that you've read the "Orientation to QA" and that you would like to be
assigned a set of bugs to confirm.

Please let us know when you have completed these preliminary steps,
there are a lot of ways you can get involved!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: New volunteers from Mexico

Posted by alfredo chable torrez <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Andrea,yes we are a group and this is part of a course.
We are in different areas of OpenOffice.org,right now we are already
 underwriters in the different list.

Yurggent Alfredo

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 29/01/2013 Henry Tiquet Leyva wrote:
> We are IT's students. we are at your disposition to work in some project
> that you will give us and we are at your service.

Thank you! In general, feel free to get involved in the area you prefer
(and I see most of you are doing it; don't forget to subscribe to the
appropriate mailing lists, see
http://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html ).

For those interested in development, this one (dev) is the mailing lists
to be used for all discussions. Once you have managed to build
OpenOffice on your system, you may want to proceed with one of the
"Easy" or "Simple" development tasks: you find links to them in
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html

Just pick one and don't be afraid to ask here if you need more information.

Posted by Henry Tiquet Leyva <he...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrea,

Posted by jorge ivan poot diaz <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "jdaniel.alvaro" <jd...@gmail.com>.