Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by ru...@us.ibm.com on 2000/07/27 03:19:31 UTC

Download stats

I took a quick stroll through the apache logs, and came up with the
following statistics:

    276 - xml-soap.tar.Z
   1304 - xml-soap.tar.gz
   2592 - xml-soap.tar.zip
   ===================
   4162 - total

- Sam Ruby

Re: Download stats

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Steven McDowell writes:
> 1) Code change to allow NS on Fault tagnames (faultcode, etc.) Granted, it
> ignores the NS if the tagName matches one we are expecting.. but I think it
> makes sense as I pointed out before.

I checked with the schema wizards about the SOAP schema and the verdict
is that the elements within the fault element can be namespaced to
the SOAP envelope URI *or* left unqualified. However, under no condition
is it correct to ignore the namespace URI (if it doesn't match)!

I talked to Matt and he said he'll take your code and tweak it and
commit it to implement the above. So this will be in the build!

> 2) Decomposition of Call.java into more useful routines which I posted
> yesterday..
> (See Re: Async...)

This fix belongs under the category of getting Apache SOAP to support
messaging instead of RPC. I think that requires much more than just
changing Call because all that code is RPC centric. We need some type
of message router as well and ability to register message handlers etc..

I'd rather that we put out this release as being a baseline with just
a few fixes rather than design changes. The main motivation for rushing
this release is to avoid people having to download a version that doesn't
work out of the box.

So, a -1 on this change.

Sanjiva.

Re: Download stats

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.

RE: Download stats

Posted by Steven McDowall <sj...@aptest.com>.
Sanjiva..

I've submitted multiple areas of code changes.. Some of which Matt has
committed
and some not..

The outstanding ones (I believe!) are:

1) Code change to allow NS on Fault tagnames (faultcode, etc.) Granted, it
ignores the NS if the tagName matches one we are expecting.. but I think it
makes sense as I pointed out before.

2) Decomposition of Call.java into more useful routines which I posted
yesterday..
(See Re: Async...)

-Steve

Re: Download stats