Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Brekke, Jeff" <Je...@qg.com> on 2001/08/08 14:37:37 UTC

2.1 branch and backport from 3.0 concerning IdMethod="native"

Is the backported, Table.java which throws an message about using the new
"native" keyword in definining the db schema to have a table use the
database's native id incrementing features completed?  Generation seems to
be incorrect now, the BaseXXXMap classes generated with idMethod="native"
are not putting the correct value in the primary key method, TableMap.NONE
is used instead of TableMap.AUTOINCREMENT.  The dtd and TableMap.vm template
don't seem to check for the new native keywork either.  Seems that the dtd,
TableMap.vm, and something in the connection pool need to be fixed to have
this stuff work the way it is is described to work in 3.0.  Anyone else
having issues with this?  I'm using the latest from the 2.1 branch and
Sybase.

TIA.

    Throw away my code, but never, never throw away my tests.

Re: 2.1 branch and backport from 3.0 concerning IdMethod="native"

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Brekke, Jeff" <Je...@qg.com> writes:

> Is the backported, Table.java which throws an message about using the new
> "native" keyword in definining the db schema to have a table use the
> database's native id incrementing features completed?  Generation seems to
> be incorrect now, the BaseXXXMap classes generated with idMethod="native"
> are not putting the correct value in the primary key method, TableMap.NONE
> is used instead of TableMap.AUTOINCREMENT.  The dtd and TableMap.vm template
> don't seem to check for the new native keywork either.  Seems that the dtd,
> TableMap.vm, and something in the connection pool need to be fixed to have
> this stuff work the way it is is described to work in 3.0.  Anyone else
> having issues with this?  I'm using the latest from the 2.1 branch and
> Sybase.

Hi Jeff.  I'm responsible for this change in the HEAD, but didn't
backport it to the branch.  I've almost got Turbine HEAD working with
Tigris, so I should be able to address issues with this soon.  If it's
a serious problem in the branch, you may want to consider rolling back
the change there.  I will be tackling any issues with this in the HEAD
soon, and will be able to offer more information then...

Daniel