Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2019/09/12 14:32:26 UTC

TLS/SSL NIO improvements / 5.0 GA likely delayed

Folks

I have decided to revisit the NIO based TLS/SSL implementation and see
if I could resolve the issue with internal data buffering that makes
protocol handler code more difficult and more error-prone as a result.

You can see what I am trying to do here:

https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-core/commits/tls-nio

This is likely to cause a delay with 5.0 GA as I will inevitably break
some low level APIs. There should be no user visible changes.

Oleg

Re: TLS/SSL NIO improvements / 5.0 GA likely delayed

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
That all makes sense. It would be good to have another beta once this
non-trivial work is done.

Gary