Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it> on 2012/10/10 12:16:02 UTC

Sling Adapter API with Ontology Manager

Hi,

as per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-710

I would like to move all adapters of Ontology Manager objects to
dedicated bundles.

Say I have the Scope implementation in ontologymanager.core and it has
an export(Class<T> returnType) method that I implement for exporting the
Scope to a clerezza.TripleCollection or owlapi.OWLOntology. I would like
to delegate the implementations to a Clerezza adapter and an OWL API
adapter and whatnot, each in its own bundle. I don't want stuff like
ClerezzaScopeImpl and OwlApiScopeImpl around, just one generic
implementation and then the adapters elsewhere.

I thought the Sling Adapter API could be nice to reuse. I found some
docs here:

http://sling.apache.org/site/adapters.html

but it seems we never included the org.apache.sling:org.apache.sling.api
artifact in the Stanbol parent, nor in any bundle loaded in our
launchers (version 2.2.0+). So there's no adapter manager, no factory,
no class definitions.

Do you think this API should be used or I should make an in-house
adapter API like we did with Rules? Is it a good idea at all?

Thanks

Alessandro

--
M.Sc. Alessandro Adamou

Department of Computer Science
Mura Anteo Zamboni 7, 40127 Bologna - Italy

Semantic Technology Laboratory (STLab)
Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology (ISTC)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via Nomentana 56, 00161 Rome - Italy

"I will give you everything, just don't demand anything."
(Ettore Petrolini, 1917)

Not sent from my iSnobTechDevice

Re: Sling Adapter API with Ontology Manager

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Alessandro,

even if I do not fully understand, what you are trying to approach,
but the use of such an adapter pattern sounds reasonable to me. And if
there is an already existing implementation for that, then I would
suggest to use it. Why re-invent the wheel? ;)

Best,
 - Fabian

http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: Sling Adapter API with Ontology Manager

Posted by Alessandro Adamou <ad...@cs.unibo.it>.
Hi Bertrand, Fabian,

Thanks for the Help! i have posted the use case as a comment to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-710

It would be great if the Sling adapter API could be useful for
implementing it. If so, is the API already available as an OSGi bundle?

Alessandro

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,