Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ian Huynh <ia...@hubspan.com> on 2002/10/21 18:50:03 UTC

RE: XNI and XPath

I am interested in writing custom parser (eg. flat file, csv file etc)
using XNI and I have a question:

1. Once I have a parser written that implemented XNI interfaces, is it feasible
to use XPath against the in memory document representation?

2. If so, does any one have a sample XPath that works against custom XNI parser?

Thks.

Re: XNI and XPath

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.
Ian Huynh wrote:
> I am interested in writing custom parser (eg. flat file, csv file etc)
> using XNI and I have a question:

There is already a CSV parser configuration written
and included as part of the XNI samples. Check out
the CSVConfiguration class in the samples/xni/parser/
directory.

> 1. Once I have a parser written that implemented XNI interfaces, is it feasible
> to use XPath against the in memory document representation?

Which XPath implementation are you referring to? As
far as I know, most XPath implementations are at a
higher level (such as DOM). So swapping in the CSV
parser configuration should be transparent for the
XPath impl -- e.g. Xalan's XPath impl.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org