Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Mark Zang <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/07 10:27:33 UTC

yet another storm ui. Updates: 1) support storm 0.9.3 2) refined documents

https://github.com/deepnighttwo/yet-another-storm-ui

yet another storm ui based on the restful api provided in storm 0.9.2
(restful api is not changed in 0.9.3 and it works with both version with no
change needed).

Also it provided a Host perspective page to show components on the same
host/process.

UI is developed based on AngularJS. Trying to provide a
one-page-application so that it is not needed to jump from page to page.

To use it, no knowledge about front-end is need. Just follow the happy path
in the github and you can make it work.

Hope it helps and useful for u.

--
Best regards!
Mike Zang

Re: yet another storm ui. Updates: 1) support storm 0.9.3 2) refined documents

Posted by Mark Zang <de...@gmail.com>.
Good suggestion!

I added the following part :

Why another Storm UI?
Original storm UI is not customizable. So
 - Dangerous operations are exposed to all users, such as "Kill topology"
 - ACL, SSO can not be added (this is not support in this project either
but it can be done based on this easily)
- Other data can not be added such as host ip, host load, etc.

And from the usability part
 - Need to open lots of tabs to check a topology status
 - Runtime status on a host is not provided
 - This project can helps if these are what you want.

hope this helps!

Posted by "UmaraDissa1 ." <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,