Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/03/01 17:58:17 UTC

Re: [DRAFT] Graduation resolution / IPMC vote email draft for discussion

Just to update this thread with where we stand...

It seems like we have a consensus on the project "scope" statement right
now (but with an outstanding request from David for a mentor or 2 to weigh
in).

We have a VOTE thread ongoing to change the bylaws on how we select a
PMC chair.  Once that completes, we'll go through a chair election
process on the private list.

After we have a chair selected, I'll edit the draft resolution and post
it as a graduation VOTE for the whole community to vote on.  That vote
will be us formally confirming, as a community, that we believe we are ready
to graduate.

This link has a good calendar view of how to best align a graduation
process with the monthly board meeting:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#toplevel

If everything goes smoothly, we should be in a good position to at least
propose graduation to the IPMC this month.

Let me know if you have any thoughts / concerns / questions!

-chip