Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Joe Terry <jo...@knowself.com> on 2001/11/01 05:03:08 UTC

Multiple Layouts for Log-In, special sections, and then of course the "default"...

Anyone have an example of subclassing "VelocityNavigation".

I need to have a layout for Log-In that is different from the layout for another section of the application, that is completely different from the "Default" layout.

I have built the Javadocs, I have the source. 2.2b1

I'm not happy with the documentation, but Turbine rocks ... If only, I can meet my deadlines ...

Cheers!

Joet

Re: Multiple Layouts for Log-In, special sections, and then ofcourse the "default"...

Posted by Joe Terry <jo...@knowself.com>.
Ok. It's working and it IS a pattern similar to JavaBeans based on name,
screen vs. layout.

The problem was that I had the "Administration.vm" screen in a subdirectory
of the "screens" directory. Once I pulled it out into the "flat" screens
directory it pulls the layout "with the same name" correctly.

That's great default behavior.

Jason, what section of code should I look at to think about making choice of
layout a little more explicit?

Joet

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 11/1/01 12:36 PM, "Joe Terry" <jo...@knowself.com> wrote:

> Jason,
>
> I have the "newapp" application running and the "Login.vm" template and
> "Login.vm" layout are a part of that example. ... but ...
>
> How do I activate another layout for another template?
>
> Is it a pattern by name?

By directory structure and name.

> I have a screen in a subdirectory of the "screens" directory and I want it
> to have a different layout. Where do I specify this?

screens/
   chemistry/Index.vm
   physics/Index.vm

layouts/
   chemistry/Default.vm
   physics/Default.vm

The Default.vm layout template in the layouts/chemistry directory
will be used for the screens/chemistry/Index.vm page.

You get the pattern, this is documented.

For template matching it call all be done by structure your
directories of templates correctly.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.