Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk> on 2013/08/14 15:10:47 UTC

Two hour recovery in non-replica setup?

Hi

We have a fairly large SolrCloud installation where we continuously
index a lot of documents. Users are doing searches against the system
from time to time.

 From time to time our Solrs lose their Zookeeper connection. Guess
thats what happens. But it takes two hours before a Solr that loses its
ZK connection has its shards active again. I cant imagine what it needs
to do for two hours? We are not using replica, so synch of data among
replica is not it. At the time we havnt dived into the problem, and we
do not know there the time is spent, whether it is between the
connection is lost and the Solr "realizes" it, or whether it is from
when it "realizes" it and until the shards are declared active again.

We will dive into the problem, but before doing that I wanted to ask
here if this is a known problem, and, if yes, whether or not it is
solved? FYI we are using Solr 4.0.0.

Regards, Per Steffensen

Re: Two hour recovery in non-replica setup?

Posted by Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>.
Hi

Thanks, Mark. I am pretty sure SOLR-4899 is not it, but our problem
might we solved after 4.0.0 anyway. We will consider if we will upgrade
to latest 4.x and/or if we will dive into the problem to see if we can
figure out what happens.

Regards, Per Steffensen

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.