Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2015/04/21 23:19:54 UTC

[FEATURE REMOVAL v6.0.0] Change minimum platform dependency to RHEL6 (or later)

We currently support releases of Linux that are of ~RHEL5 and later. This proposal drops RHEL5 support for 6.0.0. This gives us (in particular) better Bison and OpenSSL minimum requirements, such that we can keep the code cleaner.

The Jira for this is

	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-3107

Unless we hear otherwise within 1 week, this will be implemented for 6.0.0. We will update the Wiki with the library version dependencies (see below).

— Leif

The package requirements for RHEL6 are:

gcc-4.4.7-11.el6.x86_64
openssl-1.0.1e-30.el6.8.x86_64
bison-2.4.1-5.el6.x86_64
pcre-7.8-6.el6.x86_64
hwloc-1.5-3.el6_5.x86_64
libxml2-2.7.6-17.el6_6.1.x86_64
tcl-8.5.7-6.el6.x86_64
zlib-1.2.3-29.el6.x86_64
libcap-2.16-5.5.el6.x86_64
xz-libs-4.999.9-0.5.beta.20091007git.el6.x86_64
glibc-2.12-1.149.el6_6.5.x86_64

Re: [FEATURE REMOVAL v6.0.0] Change minimum platform dependency to RHEL6 (or later)

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Apr 21, 2015, at 2:19 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> We currently support releases of Linux that are of ~RHEL5 and later. This proposal drops RHEL5 support for 6.0.0. This gives us (in particular) better Bison and OpenSSL minimum requirements, such that we can keep the code cleaner.
>
> The Jira for this is
>
> 	https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TS-3107
>

> Unless we hear otherwise within 1 week, this will be implemented for 6.0.0. We will update the Wiki with the library version dependencies (see below).
>
> — Leif

No objections have been made to this, so we will proceed with this proposal.

— Leif

Re: [FEATURE REMOVAL v6.0.0] Change minimum platform dependency to RHEL6 (or later)

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.