Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@apache.org> on 2019/05/05 14:40:49 UTC

Re: /tags nightly commits

Resending with correct dev list :-)

On 5/5/2019 6:10 AM, Paul Stead wrote:
> Promotions and tags still seem to be a little problematic at the moment. A
> run of build/mkupdates/listpromotable locally shows +300 lines difference
> to active.list over the one being submitted.

Before I deal with this issue:

+Dev.

TL;DR: REMINDER: PLEASE use a make test on your local checkout before
committing!

We had two issues.  It appears an svn commit failed on a release and
that left cruft that was colliding for commit.  That issue was caused by
a manual edit to active.list:

Revision *1854477*
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1854477> - (view
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?revision=1854477&view=markup>)
(download
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?revision=1854477&view=co>)
(annotate
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?annotate=1854477>)
- [select for diffs]
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?view=log&r1=1854477>

Modified /Wed Feb 27 18:16:20 2019 UTC/ (2 months ago) by /gbechis/
File length: 15052 byte(s)
Diff to previous 1854447
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?r1=1854447&r2=1854477>
(colored
<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?r1=1854447&r2=1854477&diff_format=h>)

Switch to https and fix some 404 errors
bz #7652

The second issue is a continuing one and that is committers submitting
without 'make test' first.  This occurred in January when I tried to
build the last release.  If the svn for trunk including rules is broken,
it will break masscheck, etc.  We are currently passing again so just a
friendly reminder.  It takes a village to stop a spammer :-)

So  now, what I see in the logs is that the commit didn't occur but
there is no error, nothing.  Checking
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/trunk/rules/active.list?view=log
concurs:

5/5 (note that Committing promotions is NOT followed by an svn commit)

+ echo 'Committing promotions in rules/active.list...'
+ svn commit -m 'promotions validated' rules/active.list
Committing promotions in rules/active.list...
+ /usr/bin/perl masses/rule-qa/list-bad-rules

5/4 (example where the commit worked)
+ echo 'Committing promotions in rules/active.list...'
Committing promotions in rules/active.list...
+ svn commit -m 'promotions validated' rules/active.list
Sending        rules/active.list
Transmitting file data .done
Committing transaction...
Committed revision 1858595.

I'm out of time to keep pursuing this but hoping someone else can look
at it.

Regards,

KAM