Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/05/22 16:00:11 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] People LogFactorFiveHowto CocoonReleaseHowTo ConfiguringTheLogs FOP Thu May 22 16:00:11 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=People , version: 134 on Thu May 22 13:21:43 2003 by ILinKuo

+ * [I-Lin Kuo|ILinKuo] -- cocoon user

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LogFactorFiveHowto , version: 1 on Thu May 22 13:02:00 2003 by BertrandDelacretaz

New page created:
+ Quick instructions on how to activate LogFactor5 in Cocoon 2.1.
+
+ For more detailed informations see [ConfiguringTheLogs].
+
+ !! LogFactor5
+ Is a gorgeous killer best-thing-since-sliced-bread visual real-time log analyzer tool. Did I mention that I like it?
+
+ See [http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/lf5/features.html] for some examples.
+
+ !! Using LogFactor 5 with Cocoon 2.1
+ LogFactor5 can be activated very easily in logkit.xconf.
+
+ This assumes that you're using the stock logkit.conf that comes with Cocoon 2.1.
+
+ The original logkit.xconf contains several ''log target factories'' like this one
+ {{{
+   <cocoon id="core">
+       <filename>${context-root}/WEB-INF/logs/core.log</filename>
+       <format type="cocoon">
+ . . .
+   </cocoon>
+
+   <cocoon id="sitemap">
+ . . .
+ }}}
+
+ To use LogFactor5 instead of the standard file-based Cocoon logs, simply change the name of one or all of the ''cocoon'' elements to 'lf5', as in this example:
+ {{{
+ <lf5 id="core">
+       <filename>${context-root}/WEB-INF/logs/core.log</filename>
+ . . .
+ </lf5>
+
+ <lf5 id="sitemap">
+ . . .
+ }}}
+
+ That's it.
+

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CocoonReleaseHowTo , version: 25 on Thu May 22 13:00:22 2003 by CarstenZiegeler

-
- __Note__: This will be updated shortly after the 2.1m2 release
- ! To be continued...
+ ! Register final version
+ Enter a final version (no betas or milestones) into freshmeat.
+ ! Update the site docs as described [here|CocoonWebsiteUpdate]
+ ! Enter new version [here|LatestRelease]

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ConfiguringTheLogs , version: 15 on Thu May 22 13:10:49 2003 by BertrandDelacretaz

+ * [LogFactorFiveHowto]

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=FOP , version: 4 on Thu May 22 13:37:27 2003 by CalebRacey

+ FOP can be very memmory hungry, your milleage will vary but a brief [FOPTuningGuide] may help you to tune your system.
+