Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jitendra Kharche <Ji...@geometricsoftware.com> on 2005/06/07 14:30:10 UTC

RE: Where to set exernal property referred to in log4j.properties

Hi Jacob,

What is autoconfiguration?
I am using the same solution as you have suggested below for the same
problem that I want the log file path to contain ${MY_APP_HOME} e.g.
${MY_APP_HOME}\logs\logfile.log.
But it is not working. I am using Websphere5.0.
1. I have set an OS environment variable MY_APP_HOME=3D"C:\myapp"
2. Implemented ServletContextListener and in contextInitialized() method
got the value of this OS env var and set it into JVM properties.
3. The log4j.xml  file contains the log file path as
${MY_APP_HOME}\logs\logfile.log.

What is going wrong. One thing I have noticed from the logs is that,
log4j system is trying to initialize before the ServletContext is
initialized.

Please help.

Regards,
Jitendra

Posted by gaurav <ga...@hclcomnet.co.in>.
hi List,
             Is there any ways I can configure log4j with Apavhe Jserve
( Legacy deployment) .I have configured jserv.properties  wrapper class
and added it to init meathod but no logs are getting generated

is there any other to do this ? is there is link/tutorial which wich
illustrates using log4j with jserv ?  has anybody done it before ?

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure, use or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Re: Where to set exernal property referred to in log4j.properties

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/05, Jitendra Kharche <Ji...@geometricsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi Jacob,
>
> What is autoconfiguration?

Start reading at "Default Initialization Procedure" on
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html

--
James Stauffer