Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Ju...@empolis.com on 2008/04/16 11:18:15 UTC

State of BPEL implementation type?

Hello,

I would like to ask about the current state and plans for the
BPEL implementation type, especially the BPEL reference support.
I see that there is an itest "helloworld-reference" for this
that is not included in the build and it does not work if invoked
manually. So I suppose this is not yet finished. What are the
plans for this?
Additionaly, I can probably help with testing and fixing
starting with June this year.

Cheers,
Jürgen Schumacher

about the abstraction level of SCA

Posted by Mukhtiar Memon <me...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I wanted to discuss with you a very general thing about the SCA. What I think that the advantage of using SCA approach as compared to other contmproray technologies/models such as web services, bpel and CORBA is that it provides another level of abstraction over these techonolgies.

Otherwise providing interfaces and references as we do in SCA is same as providing interfaces in web services etc.

Am I right ?

If you think that their are evern more advantages of using the SCA model over other technologies, I would like to know your arguments.

thanks and regards

mukhtiar memon

> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:18:07 -0700> From: luckbr1975@gmail.com> To: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org> Subject: Re: State of BPEL implementation type?> > Thanks for everybody willing to help. I have committed all my local> changes (yes, there is still some ugly/debug code there) and have> posted a status message (more like a problem message) to Tuscany and> ODE dev-list.> > http://www.mail-archive.com/tuscany-dev%40ws.apache.org/msg30635.html> > On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Mike Edwards> <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:> > Luciano Resende wrote:> >> > > Thanks for your interest Juergen.> > >> > > I was very busy with SCA 1.2 release, so I haven't worked on this on> > > the last couple weeks. I have local changes that can make the> > > reference invocation, but looks like there are still some issues with> > > the ODE integration and I keep getting erros that ODE cannot see the> > > response (this is probably related to the changes not being committed> > > by the transaction). Once I can get this working, at least not> > > breaking the service support, I can get this committed and the basic> > > reference support will be ready.> > >> > >> > > On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 2:18 AM, <Ju...@empolis.com> wrote:> > >> > Luciano,> >> > I'd like to help on the BPEL implementation. How can I get involved with> > building a new version of the BPEL implementation with additional function?> >> > Yours, Mike.> >> >> >> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: tuscany-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org> > For additional commands, e-mail: tuscany-user-help@ws.apache.org> >> >> > > > -- > Luciano Resende> Apache Tuscany Committer> http://people.apache.org/~lresende> http://lresende.blogspot.com/> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> To unsubscribe, e-mail: tuscany-user-unsubscribe@ws.apache.org> For additional commands, e-mail: tuscany-user-help@ws.apache.org>
Make i'm yours.  Create a custom banner to support your cause.
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Contribute/Default.aspx?source=TXT_TAGHM_MSN_Make_IM_Yours

Re: State of BPEL implementation type?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.