Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2018/02/18 07:44:48 UTC

Log4j Jenkins builds

While splitting out components into modules should have had the desired effect of reducing the dependencies in log4j-core, it didn’t help making the builds take less time.  The Jenkins build for 3.x took about 43 minutes while the 2.x build took 38 minutes.

Ralph

Re: Log4j Jenkins builds

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
If Jenkins is configured to do "mvn clean" first, then the only time it
could save is in downloading dependencies. I usually set up my own Jenkins
jobs using "mvn verify" or "./gradlew build" or equivalent, though it tends
to work better with Gradle in the past (incremental compilation with Maven
might be better by now I hope).

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4j Jenkins builds