Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Quentin Bennett <Qu...@infinity.co.nz> on 2002/11/11 00:09:38 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP Difference between Apache 1.3.9 and 2.0

Hi,

Serving up a file named "mercury.soap", which contains:

<?php [some php code] ?>

works under 1.3.9, but under 2.0 serves up the source code of my file.

Neither version has an AddHandler or AddType for .soap files.

Under 2.0, do I have to explicitly state that .soap should be handled using php, or is there a way of making the <?php tag enough, as in 1.3?

Thanks in advance.

Quentin Bennett
Transport Systems Division
Infinity Solutions
web http:\\www.infinitysolutions.co.nz
mailto:quentin.bennett@infinity.co.nz
Support Calls: mailto:support.desk@infinity.co.nz
Phone : +64 9 358 9720
Fax : +64 9 309 4142

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP Difference between Apache 1.3.9 and 2.0

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Quentin Bennett wrote:
> Under 2.0, do I have to explicitly state that .soap should be handled
> using php, or is there a way of making the <?php tag enough, as in 1.3?

The <?php tag is not enough in 1.3 or 2.0.  You must always designate
which files will be parsed.  Now, it is possible that you have 1.3
configured to parse ALL files (which would be a bad idea).

Why do you object to using the correct AddType or AddHandler directives?

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] PHP Difference between Apache 1.3.9 and 2.0

Posted by George Schlossnagle <ge...@omniti.com>.
I suspect that something is going on in your 1.3 install that you
haven't communicated here.  As you describe it, the 2.0 instance is
behaving correctly.  1.3 should be behaving similarly.

George