Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tokajac <im...@hotmail.com> on 2008/08/19 13:02:23 UTC

Log4j Date/time logging

How can i simply log the date and the time in each line?
I found several examples around, but none of them works

Regards

Re: java version in windows and tomcat server

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.
No, it will not work. If you compile with a new compiler you need a
new JRE to run it.

You can tell Eclipse to compile the code for an older JRE. The setting
is in Project > Properties > Java Compiler.
--
Len

establsh remote db connection

Posted by sam wun <sw...@gmx.com>.
Hi,

 I triedto follow the tutorial shown in the link below

http://java.sys-con.com/node/152270

 but I amstuck with the mysql location.

I haveinstalled mysql database engine in a linux server.

Thetutorial I am following on is started in windows Vista with Eclipse 3.4,
it assumed we  installed mysql in the local system (windows ).

I havedownloaded its tutorial files in a zip file and saved them in windows
vista.

The list1 file is also shown below:

xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context displayName="DBTest" docBase="C:/Program Files/Apache Software
Foundation/Tomcat 5.0/webapps/DBTest" path="/DBTest"
workDir="work\Catalina\localhost\DBTest">

  <Resource auth="Container" description="DB Connection"
name="jdbc/TestDB" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/TestDB">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
      <value>jdbc:mysql://localhost/test?autoReconnect=true</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>password</name>
      <value></value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>100</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>5000</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>driverClassName</name>
      <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>username</name>
      <value>ODBC</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>2</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>

</Context>

where should I make change in this file in order to make this project look
for db connection in my linux box?

Thanks

Re: Log4j Date/time logging

Posted by Ingmar Lötzsch <il...@asci-systemhaus.de>.

## see PatternLayout
## %d{ISO8601} = yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS
## %d{ABSOLUTE} = HH:mm:ss,SSS
## %-5p = level, left aligned, minimum 5 characters
## %c{1} = last part of the name of the logger
## %m = message
## %n = newline (platform dependend)
## example
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %-5p
%c{1}:%n    %m%n