Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Jagan Pappula <p....@gmail.com> on 2009/07/21 14:33:29 UTC

Conditional Permission Admin

Hi All,

Is there any document or link showing how to use Conditional Permission
Admin in Felix implementation.

Thanks
--Jagan.

Re: Conditional Permission Admin

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
> Be aware that there currently is no released PA or CPA for Felix. The one in
> the source trunk works for Felix 1.4, but not later versions. I had updated
> it to work with Felix 1.8 at some point (see
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1101), but further changes since
> then may well have made my patches inoperable by now.

Yes, we are changing a lot of things inside felix atm. Good news is
that we should be done with that soon. Then we can get back to porting
the security provider.

> I'm rather keen to see PA/CPA become an "officially" released bundle myself,
> but I don't see any indications of progress being made at the moment.

I really have to get back to this. The reason there is no official
release as of now is that it is not in the shape to do one. My goal is
to get back to working on finishing it when we are done with getting
the next big felix release out. You should see activity starting
September.

regards,

Karl

> Ulf
>

> On 21.07.2009, at 14:33, Jagan Pappula wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is there any document or link showing how to use Conditional Permission
>> Admin in Felix implementation.
>>
>> Thanks
>> --Jagan.

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: Conditional Permission Admin

Posted by Ulf Dittmer <ul...@ulfdittmer.com>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Hello Jagan,

On Jul 21, 2009, at 14:48 , Jagan Pappula wrote:

> I want to restrict bundles from accessing local file system.  Any
> help how
> to do it.

Check the sections in that presentation on:

1) enabling security, to run Felix with security enabled

2) PermissionAdmin, to learn how security works in OSGi (also read the
spec)

3) ConditionalPermissionAdmin, and how it differs from the old
PermissionAdmin

Restricting access to the filesystem is a "normal Java permission"
which can also be applied to one or more bundles.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Conditional Permission Admin

Posted by Jagan Pappula <p....@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the link.

I want to restrict bundles from accessing local file system.  Any help how
to do it.

Thanks
--Jagan.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.