Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Kenneth Shaw <ke...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/08 07:34:28 UTC

usql now supports Cassandra + CQL

Hi All,

I wanted to let the Cassandra community know that usql, a universal
SQL command-line client modeled after psql, now supports Cassandra +
CQL.

usql is written in Go, is MIT licensed, and has been around for a
little over a year. If you're familiar with (or simply a fan of)
PostgreSQL's psql client you might find usql interesting, as usql
works similarly to psql (ie, variables, query editing, etc). usql has
the added benefit of supporting mulitple databases (MySQL, Microsoft
SQL, Oracle, SQLite, etc), syntax highlighting, and other more advance
features and works the same on Linux, OSX, Windows, and every other
platform that Go runs on. usql is maintained at
https://github.com/xo/usql

If you'd like to try usql out with Cassandra (and assuming Go is
available somewhere on your path), simply do the following:

$ go get -u -tags most github.com/xo/usql
$ usql cql://user:pass@host:port/
ca:user@host=> select * from keyspace.table;

I'd appreciate it if the Cassandra community could try usql out, as
I'm gearing up to do a new release and would like to ensure that
Cassandra + CQL support is front and center in the new release. Let me
know what you think. Thanks in advance!

-Ken