Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/09 13:58:42 UTC

Re: [TinkerPop] TinkerPop3 / C#

I don't expect any more changes to the protocol between now and GA.  We had
good community discussion around the protocol itself and it seems very
robust to me at this point.  The protocol itself hasn't changed in months
and there have been no additional proposals to make changes, so I think it
is pretty stable at this point.

As far as "production-ready" goes, Gremlin Server isn't in production
anywhere that I know of, though I've heard of at least a few organizations
working towards putting it there.  At this point, the focus on Gremlin
Server is bug-finding and performance enhancement, so in that sense I'd
call things "stable".  There is the possibility of us adding one more
feature between now and GA, but it should not affect those building non-JVM
clients.  Even for folks with a JVM client, the change will not be breaking
- it would just offer more opportunity to optimize their drivers.

As a side note, in the future, we probably should have "driver development"
discussions/questions happen in the apache dev mailing list:
dev@tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: [TinkerPop] TinkerPop3 / C#

Posted by Effy Teva <ef...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. I've managed to create a small C# client, get the binary (and the
text) messages types working, even binding works.

However,
When I send the message: "g.addVertex(['key':'value']);", I get the error
"Caused by: javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The provided key/value array must be a
multiple of two".
What does this mean?

On another matter, I've noticed Rexster (Doghouse) doesn't exist on
TinkerPop3, and the Gremlin Dashboard doesn't seem to exist either.
Is there an ETA for Gremlin Dashboard merging?
What's the preferred method for browsing the graph?

Thanks,
Effy

Re: [TinkerPop] TinkerPop3 / C#

Posted by Effy Teva <ef...@gmail.com>.