Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "Banking.my" <ba...@protonmail.ch.INVALID> on 2020/02/12 11:00:36 UTC

Ofbiz on Ubuntu 19.10

I have been trying to install Ofbiz on Ubuntu Stdio 19.10; but, it fails to install for unmet dependencies. Ubuntu Studio uses the low-latency XFCE DE, which must lack many of the more refined features of DEs like Mate, Cinammon & Gnome.

For OTB functionality, which linux distros and DEs do you recommend? Should I be trying this with a Red Hat distro?

Re: Ofbiz on Ubuntu 19.10

Posted by "Banking.my" <ba...@protonmail.ch.INVALID>.
Yup,

You were correct. I had 11 & 8 installed side by side. Once I pulled 11, the build completed successfully and my older Java apps started working again. Since 11 is the default jre, I hope I didn't break anything.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au.INVALID>.
Hi,

Re: Ofbiz on Ubuntu 19.10

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au.INVALID>.
Hi,

I'm glad that fixed it.

You don't need to remove Java 11 altogether, just use
update-java-alternatives (
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man8/update-java-alternatives.8.html)
to specify which version you want to use.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Re: Ofbiz on Ubuntu 19.10

Posted by "Banking.my" <ba...@protonmail.ch.INVALID>.