Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stephan Coboos <cr...@gmx.net> on 2004/12/08 11:34:18 UTC

Regex doesn't work in XPathDirectoryGenerator

Hello,

I'm using the XPathDirectoryGenerator to retrieve all files with name
"book.xml" out of a certain folder. Therefore I'm using the parameter
"xmlFiles" as you can see below:

<map:parameter name="xmlFiles" value="/book\.xml/"/>

But this regex doesn't work because always all files will be scanned.
This doesn't work, too:

<map:parameter name="xmlFiles" value="book\.xml"/>

I'm not very familiar with regular expressions. But to search for all
files with name "book.xml" this should be the reight regex: /book\.xml/
right?

Thanks a lot!

Regards
Stephan

Re: Regex doesn't work in XPathDirectoryGenerator

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I don't get your setup:
- are there several files called "book.xml" in the same directory
- or are there several direcotries each with a book.xml
- or do several files end with book.xml (e.q first-book.xml, second-book.xml)

However,  I think "^book\.xml$" would match all files named book.xml
in a certain directory.

Markus