Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by "Palikala, Rajendra (CCL)" <RP...@carnival.com> on 2009/12/11 18:37:58 UTC

Can Hadoop run on Virtual Machines in Solaris

Hi,

We are thinking of alternate technolgies for our ETL process to Datawrehouse. I was interested in Hadoop. But had a question. Is it possible to build a Hadoop cluster on virtual machines in the same physical box. Has anyone in the group implemented Hadoop on VM's. Please advise.

Thanks,
Rajendra

Posted by Daniel Templeton <Da...@Sun.COM>.
I have run a Hadoop test cluster on Solaris Zones using OpenSolaris.

Daniel