Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2004/08/31 03:52:27 UTC

mass-check of blacklists

Is it possible to do a mass-check of blacklists?

The flexibility of a blacklist_from is not a great as a regular
expression, but the power of a blacklist_from, based on multiple "the
email came from" headers and NOT anything else, makes it very useful.

I'm contemplating creating some blacklist entries such as
blacklist_from IamaSpammer@*.*
blacklist_from *@spammer.*.*
blacklist_from *@spammer.*

I'd like to be able to run these against a mass-check to see a) how many
spam they hit, and b) make sure they don't hit any ham.

I tried, and my mass-check comes back with no hits at all.

Does anyone know how mass-check might be used with blacklist_from?

Bob Menschel