Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Wade <da...@paradise.net.nz> on 2003/05/16 12:22:44 UTC

Slow first Service Locator

I am also seeing a very slow first call.    Subsequent timings showed
this to be is the constructor for my service locator

i.e. my call to "new VerySluggishServiceLocator()"

This constructor takes 20 seconds on my very slow 266MHz laptop.     The
trouble is that my application must run on a 350MHz Neoware Thin client
where it takes 35 seconds....

How does anyone can see this as reasonable just because the classloader
has to do a bit of work (according to a reply in another thread), is not
living in the real world.   Our end users do not see this as reasonable
and its starting to look like I will have to strip out the SOAP and do
my own thing over HTTP.

There must be something wrong here.   Even an IDE like Eclipse can load
up in not much more...

Re: Slow first Service Locator

Posted by Bill Lear <ra...@zopyra.com>.
On Friday, May 16, 2003 at 11:47:51 (+0100) Luís Fraga writes:

>You can always try out ksoap or any other similar lighter soap impl for
>java instead of "doing your own thing over http".

Yes, but this doesn't address the question.  I have similar problems.
Once up and running, things seem to work rather well, but the startup
time us utterly ridiculous.

Bill

Re: Slow first Service Locator

Posted by Luís Fraga <lf...@mobicomp.com>.
You can always try out ksoap or any other similar lighter soap impl for
java instead of "doing your own thing over http".

--Luís