Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by arihant jain <on...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 18:56:59 UTC

Adjustment functionality in Quote (Order module)

Hi,

Basically we want the ability to offer a % discount on the price of a quote
item (or even the complete quote). The 'adjustment' functionality provides
that but for some reason it only works for amounts. While it has a 'source
percentage' field, filling that for me is not working and discount is 0. Is
this an issue or am I misunderstanding the intent / usage of this field?
Any help or pointers much appreciated.

Thanks
Arihant

Re: Adjustment functionality in Quote (Order module)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Leon, All,

This is where it shows that it's better to use the user ML directly than Nabble. I you only use an email client you can't see the rest of the thread and have to get to Nabble.

For your question, I still remember having used OrderAdjustment.sourcePercentage long ago (in 2007) when I implemented a customised VAT in OFBiz for a client. As says the data model, this field is relaed with taxes and it's the same for
QuoteAdjustment.sourcePercentage. But if you refer to createInvoiceForOrder service it seems it's not only used for Taxes (at least it's not specified there in comments). It's even more obvious in OrderReadHelper.calcOrderAdjustment() method where the SALEX_TAX rounding is differentiated. ShoppingCart.makeAllQuoteAdjustments() uses it also as is ShoppingCartServices.loadCartFromQuote() but I see no calculation code. So it could be that the code for quote adjustement calculation is missing

HTH

Jacques

Posted by Leon <su...@labwayit.com>.
Same question. No body interests?