Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2004/11/08 08:58:04 UTC

Subversion question

I am trying to merge changes I have made on BRANCH_2_1_X with trunk.
What is the best way to do that?

Re: Subversion question

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>
>> I am trying to merge changes I have made on BRANCH_2_1_X with trunk.
>> What is the best way to do that?
>>
> I guess I should be more specific.  I tried following the instructions
> in the "fast introduction" but I end up with no changes in the file.

I usually do:
   cocoon-2.2.X $ svn -r 12345:12346 ../cocoon-2.1.X/path/to/file path/to/file

Where:
   12346: Revision of your commit you want to merge
   cocoon-2.1.X: Local checkout of the branch
   cocoon-2.2.X: Local checkout of the trunk
   path/to/file: Relative path to file or directory which needs to be merged

Vadim

Re: Subversion question

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.